Banner La

AB 802 versus LA EBEWE - what is the difference

For property owners and building managers with properties in Los Angeles, your property will be subject to the Los Angeles Existing Building Energy and Water Efficiency (EBEWE) ordinance.  This requires submitting your benchmark report to the Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety.  They will forward the report to the California Energy Commission for compliance with AB 802. 

However, there are some significant differences is reporting requirements.  Buildings exempt from EBEWE may need to comply with AB 802 and vice versa.  To help property owners and managers easily navigate the different requirements, Pegasus has prepared the following table that summarizes the major differences.  We hope that you find it useful. Just click on the link to see the table.

Comparing AB 802 and EBEWE