Banner California

Your California AB 802 Report for 2023 is due June 1st, 2024. Don't let the failure to comply create issues for you.

If you need assistance in completing the benchmarking process or just have questions, give us a call at 916-237-9951. We provide support with real people who are friendly and knowledgeable - not support from a remote call center.

The AB 802 Ordinance Requirements in Plain-speak

If your building is over 50,000 square feet you may be required to comply with the AB 802 ordinance. Except that Industrial buildings (manufacturing, fabrication, processing) and buildings used for scientific purposes are exempt. For more exceptions see AB 802 Exemptions and Exceptions.

Pegasus has streamlined the energy benchmarking process to make it easy for you to comply with AB 802. Call us today for a quote on your building. We are a Veteran owned and operated business.

Take the step, and make the call. Call Chuck for a quote at 916-237-9951. Or, email him at

AB 802 Exemptions and Exceptions (All in one place)


Exemptions for Building Owners. A building owner is exempt from the requirements of section 1683 (Benchmarking and Public Disclosure) for a building meeting any of these conditions:

  1. The building did not have a certificate of occupancy during the 12-month reporting period
  2. T(he building is scheduled to be demolished within one year of the reporting data
  3. The building was benchmarked pursuant to a local program listed on the Energy Commission website


If the building has more than half of the gross floor area used for scientific experiments requiring a controlled environment or industrial purposes, the report is not required.

The ordinance applies to "buildings" not properties. An owner of a separately-metered, multi-building property such as a Shopping Center, Office Park, or Public Storage Facility, where the aggregate square footage is greater than 50,000 square feet, does not need to comply IF NO ONE BUILDING exceeds 50,000 square feet. (However, if the sum of the buildings sharing a common meter (with no submeter) exceeds 50,000 square feet, then AB 802 applies.


Visit our AB 802 Frequently Asked Questions Page, or call Chuck at 916-237-9951.