The following buildings are exempted:
- Single-family homes, duplexes, residential hotels, sound stages and other TV and film production facilities.
- Hospitals Regulated by OSHPD
- Owned by the State or Federal Government
- Vacant for entire year, with no Certificate of Occupancy
- Vacant for a year due to renovation
- Demolition permit issued
- No energy or water service for entire year
IN ADDITION TO EXEMPTIONS, LADBS EBEWE also has EXCEPTIONS
There are some exceptions from benchmarking. The ordinance shall not apply to:
1. One-and two-family dwellings and related accessory structures;
2. Residential hotels as defined by the California Health and Safety Code;
3. Broadcast antennas, vehicle charging stations, utility pumping stations and treatment facilities;
4. Sound stages and structures used primarily for the production and post-production of motion pictures and television.